After purchasing the Alexa device, the first and foremost thing you need to do is connect Alexa to the Wi-Fi network. If you have changed your wireless network or are trying to use the Alexa device in a new place, you need to connect it first to your new Wi-Fi. To know How to connect Alexa to a New WiFi, read this post. Here, we have shared some simple instructions that can help you to complete the Alexa Wi-Fi setup without trouble.
Does Alexa need a Wi-Fi connection to work?
Yes! Alexa only responds to your queries if you have an active Wi-Fi connection for it. When a user needs to execute any voice instruction or send the recordings to the cloud, an active Wi-Fi connection is required. Let’s proceed further and find the simple steps to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi.
Connect Alexa to Wi-Fi: Steps to follow
For connecting your Alexa device to the new Wi-Fi network, you need to download the Alexa app on your phone. Open the application, and go to the “Devices” section. Here, choose the Alexa device you would like to connect and then connect it to Wi-Fi. Below are the detailed instructions to do the task:
- Download the Alexa app on your smartphone device visiting the supported applications Store.
- Go to the ” Devices” section. You can find the option on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Choose ” Echo and Alexa”.
- Click on the Alexa device you would like to connect to the new wireless network. If your device is not listed, get back to the device screen and choose ” all devices” options. If you are still unable to find the Alexa device, reset it, and then connect it to another.
- Click on the ” change” option.
- Tap on ” no”.
- Unless your Alexa device is in the setup mode, you need to press and hold the button present on the device. This will set your Alexa device to the setup mode.
- Click on the Continue button.
- After this, select your Alexa device and choose the wireless network you would like to connect.
- Type the Wi-Fi password to get connected.
- Wait, until your device connects to the Wi-Fi network again.
After following these simple steps, your Alexa device will be connected to the Wi-Fi network and you will be ready to use the services without trouble. To give the command to your Alexa, you can use the wake word ” Alexa”. This wake word is set by default, but you can choose the one from available options to give the voice instructions to Alexa. Here we would like to tell you one thing that Alexa only responds to the wake word, to make sure that you put the wake word before your command.
So this is How to connect Alexa to a New WiFi. If you still have a doubt, or you are unable to do the task on your own, get in touch with the Alexa team and avail of immediate expert assistance for Alexa setup.